Horsham PAWS is a community based association with a strong commitment to promoting responsible pet ownership and improving the welfare of lost, abandoned and relinquished pets in the Horsham Municipality. Since forming in April 2010, Horsham PAWS has partnered with Horsham Rural City Council in establishing a successful re-housing program at the local pound. In 2011 council entered into a formal agreement with Horsham PAWS to enable fostering of cats and dogs awaiting adoption.
Horsham PAWS is managed by a committee of 10 elected volunteers and is supported by a membership base of individuals who share a passion and commitment to animal welfare. The association receives no formal funding, relying on membership fees, fundraising and donations from the community.
There are many ways you can support Horsham Paws.
- Become a financial member ($30 per annum).
- Donate goods to our shop (good quality clothing, shoes) or (good quality pet food & blankets).
- Volunteer as a shop assistant.
- Volunteer at events throughout the year.
- Become a foster carer & help support the cats and dogs whilst they wait for their forever homes.
- Tell your family and friends about HPAWS and the work we do.
- Consider adopting a pound animal and giving it a second chance of happiness.